Indian Railways Train Enquiry
Recently checked Running Status
- 20811 - VSKP NED SF EXP (10 Jul) Does not start on Friday
64567 - BSC-TKJ PASSENGER (13 Jul) Cancelled
- 19028 - VIVEK EXPRESS (12 Jul) Does not start on Sunday
11020 - KONARK EXPRESS (12 Jul) Cancelled
- 55824 - DKGN - RPAN PASSENGER (11 Jul)
12164 - CHENNAI EXP (12 Jul) Cancelled
33317 - BT - HNB LOCAL (12 Jul) Cancelled
51905 - SMQL-DLI PASSENGER (12 Jul) Cancelled
- 01666 - AGTL HBJ SPL (12 Jul) Does not start on Sunday
31055 - BGB-NH LOCAL (12 Jul) Cancelled
- 14114 - LINK EXPRESS (11 Jul)
19033 - GUJARAT QUEEN (12 Jul) Cancelled
51814 - LKO-JHS PASS (12 Jul) Cancelled
- 12331 - HIMGIRI EXPRESS (12 Jul) Does not start on Sunday
- 11044 - LOKAMANYA TT EXP (12 Jul) Does not start on Sunday
13008 - U A TOOFAN EXP (12 Jul) Cancelled
- 55687 - DLCR - SCL PASSENGER (12 Jul) Does not start on Sunday
41543 - MSB-VLCY EMULOCAL (12 Jul) Cancelled
11028 - MUMBAI MAIL (13 Jul) Cancelled
13132 - PNBE KOAA EXPRES (12 Jul) Cancelled
Recently checked Seat Availability
- 05484 - DLI APDJ SPL, tdl to cnb
- 02565 - DBG NDLS SPL, sv to ash
- 03202 - LTT PATNA SPL, ltt to et
- 02558 - SAPT KRANTI SPL, dli to bmki
- 02392 - SHRAMJIVI EXP SP, ndls to rgd
- 02553 - SHC NDLS SPECIAL, SHC to NDLS
- 02378 - NOQ SDAH SPECIAL, njp to mldt
- 02150 - DNR PUNE SPECIAL, sta to pune
- 02925 - BDTS ASR SPL, bdts to ndls
- 02555 - GORAKDAM EXP SPL, gkp to lko
- 03202 - LTT PATNA SPL, ltt to bxr
- 02802 - PURSHOTTAM SPL, ctc to bbs
- 02617 - MANGLADWEEP EXP, ers to nzm
- 02556 - GORAKDAM SPL, hsr to gkp
- 02553 - SHC NDLS SPECIAL, shc to ndls
- 02394 - SAMPOORN K SPL, ndls to rjpb
- 02541 - GKP LTT SUP SPL, gkp to ltt
- 02916 - ASHRAM EXP SPL, dli to adi
- 09040 - MFP BDTS SPECIAL, MFP to BDTS
- 09084 - MFP ADI SPL, ppta to et
Recently checked Trains
- NDLS to MKA Trains
- PATNA-JN-PNBE to DELHI-DLI Trains
- DELHI-DLI to DARBHANGA-JN-DBG Trains
- DEOS to DLI Trains
- RJPB to NDLS Trains
- RJPB to BARH Trains
- ROHTAK JN [ROK] to ANAND VIHAR TRM [ANVT] Trains
- KANPUR-CENTRAL-CNB to CHIRGAON-CGN Trains
- ANAND VIHAR TRM [ANVT] to KOSI KALAN [KSV] Trains
- KANPUR CENTRAL [CNB] to NEW JALPAIGURI [NJP] Trains
- BSP to CSTM Trains
- KAWR to AGC Trains
- DEHRADUN-DDN to HAZRAT-NIZAMUDDIN-NZM Trains
- BALASORE-BLS to JAJPUR-K-ROAD-JJKR Trains
- BLS to JJKR Trains
- NEW-DELHI-NDLS to CHHAPRA-CPR Trains
- ANAND VIHAR TRM [ANVT] to AMBALA CANT JN [UMB] Trains
- ITARSI-JN-ET to PUNE-JN-PUNE Trains
- BZA to SBC Trains
- PT-DEEN-DAYAL-UPADHYAYA-JN-DDU to RANCHI-RNC Trains
Recently checked Stations
- GANDHINAGAR JPR Station
- VADODARA JN Station
- ALLAHABAD JN Station
- KHAGARIA JN Station
- ITARSI JN Station
- ITARSI JN Station
- JAYNAGAR Station
- NAGAUR Station
- JODHPUR JN Station
- NAGPUR Station
- AKBARPUR Station
- GWALIOR JN Station
- SAHIBGANJ JN Station
- RASRA Station
- BAPATLA Station
- NASHIK ROAD Station
- KHARAGPUR JN Station
- HOSHANGABAD Station
- JODHPUR JN Station
- AURANGABAD Station
Recently checked Time Table
- 06514 - BAND-BWT MEMU SPECIAL
- 63352 - CPR-SEE MEMU
- 63308 - SPJ-KIR MEMU
- 73443 - HSDA- BGP DMU PGR
- 08421 - PURI-AII SPL EXPRESS
- 09079 - BDTS - BKN HOLI SPL
- 00628 - JP-MYS LOCKED EY CHG SPL
- 66055 - TBM VM MEMU PASSR
- 00467 - HWH-ASR COVID-19
- 01282 - BUD SPL 10
- 00633 - UBL-SBC PARCEL EXPRESS
- 02963 - MEWAR EXP SPL
- 56870 - PDY-TPTY
- 01499 - PUNE-DNR SPL
- 06522 - DMM-BNC MEMU SPECIAL
Live Running Status for Indian railway train means exact location of train with delay status. It also includes estimated arrival and departure of train.
Important things to be noted while checking train running status are estimated time of arrival (ETA), estimated time of departure (ETD) at upcoming stoppages and recent location reported.
Estimated time of arrival (ETA) means expected time at which the train will arrive to upcoming station. Passenger(s) are expected to be at boarding station at this time.
Estimated time of departure (ETD) means expected time at which the train will depart from the station.
Recent location reported means last station on which train has arrived or departed from and based on which live running status of train is determined.
When a train starts from the originated station towards its destination, train crosses many stations. So, knowing the accurate location of the train and real timing of its arrival and departure to the specific station of the destined train defines train running status.
To track your train location enter train number, select train start date (date when train started from source or first station of train) and click Get Running Status. The status will reflect detailed information such as where exactly the train is right now, which was the last station, and whether the train is running as per the scheduled time table or late.
Running status information will be reflected with the following details:
- Present train location (The current and exact location of the train and the inclusive information of the arrival and the departure station of searched train with intermediate station if any).
- Expected time of arrival or departure at station.
- Next station stoppage of the searched train.
- Train delay information.
when the visitor wants to plan their trip and search trains to their destination station with train seat availability between two desired station is known as train between station. Travelers can also check availability of the train seat.
Indian Railway is one of the largest railway network in the world. The first passenger train ran between Mumbai (Bori Bunder) and Thane on 16 April 1853, for 34 kilometers between these two stations carrying 400 people.
There are two categories of train in Indian Railways:
- Reserved Train: These are the major trains in India which run pan India and include every kind of trains (Rajdhani, Shatabdi, Superfast, Mail Express, Mail, Duronto, Garib Rath, Holiday Special, Janshatabdi, Luxury and Suvidha)
- Unreserved Train: They are majorly Passenger trains and quite slow - moving trains, most of them have a stoppage at every next station of its route. The fare of these trains are very low and cost effective. The trains normally have unreserved seats but some overnight trains have sleeper and 3-tier AC compartments. These trains travel at the speed of 40–80 km/h (25–50 mph). So basically, one can sit and travel without reservation for the passenger train.
Due to various busy congestion of the network, the traveler always faces great difficulties in checking the reservation and the seat availability between the desired stations for the journey on the portals of IRCTC or they specially have to go to the rail counter to do the same. So etrains.in gives you the best hassle free way to check the seat availability in the train between the desired station.
Kindly follow the few easy steps to get the information about the seat availability on the desired train:
- Enter Source station (From where, you want to take the train)
- Enter the Destination station (where you want to reach)
- Select the journey date from the automated calendar
- Click Search button
The trains will be reflected with train name and number, departure time from source station, arrival time of destination station and travel class which can be booked/ reserved online through IRCTC or from the Indian railway reservation counter.
Train between selected stations will receive following information:
- Number of train that are running between the two selected station
- Name of the train
- Train number or the code of the specific train individual
- Scheduled time of departure of the train
- Scheduled time of Arrival of the train
- Station name from the train has started
- Timetable of the train schedule (weekly, daily or twice in a week , special, holiday etc)
- Class of the seat availability in the train (sleeper,1st tier, 2nd tier or 3rd tier or chair car, etc)
Now if you want to check seat availability in train from the list just click on the Class. seats availability status will be displayed in just one click.
Seeking for the seat available on the desired train for the journey between two station is defined as Seat Availability. IRCTC gives a great opportunity to plan your train journey before 4 months. Yes!! One can make its itinerary in advance of 120 days.
We all are well aware of the agitation of the unplanned travel or trip. The irritation of standing in the long queue also makes one tiring and time consuming so etrains.in gives an option to check seat availability from your place may be office or its your home and can book on IRICTC and if any case you need to cancel the ticket, then IRCTC gives that option as well with your refund.
Indian railway have a special feature for immediate travel or last minute trip, where you can book your Tatkal (before a day prior for your journey). Before booking the Tatkal ticket, one should be ready with their computer with open IRCTC reservation on your screen because tickets books on Tatkal in the fractions of second.
If you want to check availability of seats in train, please enter the train number, source and destination Station, select journey date, travel class, quota and click Get Seat Availability.
Seat availability will be shown for selected train and date. IRCTC seat availability works on desktop, tablet, smartphone and basic mobile. No need to go to station and face engaged counters and long line for availability machines of Indian Railway.
- Period of operation on IRCTC: The online booking service isn't available 24 hours a day, it closes for maintenance 23:45-00:20 Indian time. The system can sometimes be overloaded with visitors, so if you have any problems or if it rejects your credit card, try again later. This may be why some people breeze through it and love it, while others struggle. It gets significantly less busy after about 18:00 Indian time.
- Ticket List:
- CNF - Confirmed reservation.
- RAC - Reservation against cancellation. Which means you are allowed to board the train and travel? So if you get a RAC ticket, probably you should book it. even though you won't have a specific seat or berth number at this stage. In most cases, one of the confirmed passengers will cancel at some point before departure, and you will be promoted from RAC to CNF with a confirmed seat or berth on the train.
- WL - Waiting list. It shows that if you have booked the ticket and all seat of that selected train are booked at the moment then your name come in waiting list train. The waiting list usually shifts, when another passenger cancels its ticket. so one should check its ticket once in a day or in 24 hours. So that it may become a confirmed ticket and luckily can get a seat and even if you're only promoted to RAC, you can at least now travel.
- Seat Categorisation: There are 8 classes of boarding in Indian trains. With vast diversfication of seats provided on Indian trains, we all should know about the different categories of the seat, so you can easily select the seat.
- Here is a brief glimpse on the seat layout:
- 1A: Means First AC, the price of these seats are highest and provides berths and bed rolls inclusive. Every trains have First class AC coaches are limited in most of the trains and have less seats available as compared to other coaches.
- 2A: means Second AC, the price of the seat are bit lesser than 1st class AC. Only 48 passengers are permitted in each 2A coach.
- 3A: Known as Third AC, these have three shelves like berths on each side. The bedding is included in the fare. These coaches are limited for 64 passengers.
- SL: It is known as sleeper class and without air condition with three shelves for sleeping. The most convenient and approachable way of commuting for major population of the country. It is curated for 72 passengers.
- CC: means Chair Cars. They are completely fully air-conditioned and incorporated with kind of recliners.
- 2S: means 2nd class seat. It consists of bench type of seats for the passengers and are non-air-conditioned coaches.
- Here is a brief glimpse on the seat layout:
- Quotas: There are few quotas, which are taken care by Indian Railway.
- General Quota (GN)
- Tatkal Quota (CK)
- Premium Tatkal Quota (PT)
- Ladies Quota (LD)
- Defence Quota (DF)
- Senior Citizen Quota (SS): Female(above 45 Year)/Senior Citizen/Travelling alone
PNR is short name for Passenger Name Record. It is a record in the database of Indian Railway Computer Reservation System (IR-CRS) against journey details for a passenger or a group of passengers are saved.
Specifically when a reserved railway ticket is booked for a train in Indian Railway, all the details of passengers are stored in database of centralized reservation system. These details of a passenger or a group of passengers are associated with a unique ten digit number. This reference number is called PNR and it is printed on the reservation ticket.
Passenger's personal information like name, gender, age etc. is saved in the database against this reference number. It includes booking status and current status of the ticket (whether the ticket has been confirmed, it is on waiting list (WL) or it is under reservation against cancellation (RAC) or confirmed with coach and seat number).
As we all know every train has limited number of seats and sometimes one may not get a confirmed reserved ticket. Booking status of such waitlist (W/L) or reservation against cancellation (RAC) ticket changes when there is any availability of reserved seats due to cancellation. This new current reservation status is generally known as PNR status or current status.
After the travel or journey of passengers PNR is flushed or deleted, so that same PNR can be used again for new railway ticket.
- Enter PNR number (10 digit without hyphen (-))
- Click Get Pnr Status button.
PNR Status will be shown with following details :
- Train Number, Train Name, Boarding Date, Reserved Class
- From Station, To Station, Boarding Station, Reservation Upto Station
- Passenger count with booking and current status
- Charting status, Train status
- Additional information if any (eg. Journey Realloted/Upgraded in Upper Class from 2S to CC)
Indain Railway PNR Status works or can be checked on any desktop, tablet, smartphone and basic mobile.
Where to find PNR number on ticket?
PNR number is generally printed at the top left corner of the printed tickets (tickets that are taken from railway station booking window). In case of the ETicket (tickets that are booked online or through IRCTC website), it is mentioned at top in separate cell in table.